Mobile Media Update

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Operation Athens SMS

This past week I focosued a little bit less on the cool technologies that we have learned and a little bit more on the logistics and organizational hierarchy of the entire Athens SMS project. I went about finding info on a smooth running Athens SMS by conducting a "non scientific" study amongst my closest friends.

I wanted to figure out the simplest way of getting information from a given source. In quick summary this is what I have concluded about the Athens SMS project so far.

1. Users will ALWAYS send text messages to the shortcode 284367 (Athens)

2. Users must be a part of the Cingular wireless network

3. Unrecognized responses will always be sent to the Athens SMS "Homepage" that will include links for Food, Music, Shopping, Bars, etc

Here is a short list of items that "stranger's" can input in order to recieve info on athens.

info - Straight to Athens SMS homepage [HTML w/pics & links]
food - Links to restaurants [Video with "My Top Restaurants"]
music - Links to Music Venus [Video with "This weeks music entertainment]
shop - Links to stores suitable for shopping/perusing [Video with special shop of the week]

Individual shops, restaurants, and music venus will each have a personal page that can be accessesd by typing the following. (Usually will be just the name of the store, but some will be abbreviated for convenience or necessity.)

barberitos - Barberitos
jimmy - Jimmy John's
mia - Mia Madonna
italy - Littly Italy
40watt - 40 Watt Club
theater - Georgia Theater


On another note, I think it is a must that we focus some of our attention on creating a side project for vodcasting. Apple is expecting to release an iPod with video capabilites very very shortly! Lets get on this bandwagon!

I know I am slow at getting around to this one, but I finally created a blog where I could send pictures from my cell phone to blogger. Check out the many hot pictures at the follwing site.

http://www.mikeymobile.blogspot.com

5 Comments:

  • Yahoo to Add Blogs to News Section
    Yahoo's inclusion of blogs in its news section represents another validation for a growing group ... The Mountain View, Calif.
    Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

    By Blogger Jerome Jackson, at 8:47 PM  

  • Do you have any other blogs?
    Ray at time share resale

    By Blogger Raymond, at 8:53 PM  

  • I really enjoyed your blog. This is a cool Website Check it out now by Clicking Here . I know that you will find this WebSite Very Interesting Every one wants a Free LapTop Computer!

    By Blogger philmorgan77205248, at 5:16 AM  

  • Hi Michael Lentz. I don't normally bother with comments but feel a little bored today and am trying to waste a little time. I was just surfing around the net (actually looking for info on Sell Time Share) when I came across your blog. Just wanted to let you that I've gone back and read through some of your past posts. They caught my interest and I can relate to a quite a bit of what you say. So keep it up - I guess.

    By Blogger allright, at 12:49 AM  

  • Hi Michael Lentz. Hope you are well. I came across your site totally by accident. In fact it wasn't exactly on a topic I was looking for (I was on the lookout for Time Share Resale info). But as I was searching, one link led me to another and I got curious about your blog. I found it interesting and thought I'd drop you a line to tell you so. I guess thats what surfing is all about.

    By Blogger me, at 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home