Mobile Media Update

Monday, November 07, 2005

Yep Yep Yep!

Lots of progress this week! Using the brand new Nokia N90, I began shooting videos of downtown Athens establishments. It seemed that I had to spend atleast 10 minutes at each place showing off the cool features of the camera. Everyone was impressed. I created the HTML pages for all the existing pages. I also have learned that many people are afraid to be on video themselves. This could be a potential roadblock for someone trying to update Athens SMS on a daily/weekly basis.

Some neat news out of the RFID front. According to an article on CNET (See Here), the National Health Service said it could "tag" patients with RFID chips to monitor their lifestyles away from the hospital. Sounded like a great idea!

Chris has recently gotten me hooked on Plazes (See Here). Essentially, it is a website that allows users to tag hot spots all over the world. Individual users can then sign on to a hot spot and see who all is within a certain radius of that spot. Addictive!

Looking forward to the NMI scholar video conference tomorrow afternoon.

Current Schedule:
Friday November 11 - All video recorded and uploaded!
Wednesday November 16 - Working prototype.
Wednesday November 23 (before thanksgiving break) - Proposal/documentation fine tuned

4 Comments:

  • Should this column become more of a blog? Tell us what you think
    Stewart Kirkpatrick skirkpatrick at scotsman dot com If you want to appear like you're at the cutting edge of net culture but can't be bothered to spend hours online, then never fear.
    Neat Blog. I'll be back. Bookmarked you are!

    I have a discount long distance site/blog. It pretty much covers discount long distance related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

    By Blogger Badger, at 3:05 PM  

  • Hi, just came across your accessory cellular phone sanyo scp200. What a great site. I also have a site relating to the accessory cellular phone sanyo scp200niche that I think your readers would be interested in. Go and check it out!!

    By Blogger jack, at 9:05 PM  

  • A call for a new Manhattan Project on clean energy--continuing the...
    When I returned on Monday, I found out that Dr Richard Smalley, the nanotechnology pioneer had died.
    Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to how to repair a road bicycle on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like how to repair a road bicycle!

    By Blogger Fiona, at 8:56 AM  

  • Hello friends! Thanks for having me on your great blog today. Blogger is blessed to have you on board! Music is the future! But, do you as a music lover need free debt consolidation? Well, look no further. I help you for free my friend. I have tried and tested all sites But, the best was debt-consolidation.com. So, let me help you. Fill in the form today for free. And be debt free. Get credit repair today!

    By Blogger alberthaanstra, at 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home